Well, the weekend didn’t do as much for my blog as I had hoped it would. I did a lot of research on how to make my blog better and stand out, and of course, I found out I’m using the wrong platform. I’m using and have always used the wordpress.com version of WordPress, which places a lot of features behind a steep paywall. Later this week, or next week at the latest, I will be moving to the self-hosted wordpress.org.
Through all my research, I’ve found that self-hosting allows you to do a lot more for a lot less money. All you really have to pay for is the hosting service and a domain (which I have since I upped my plan on wordpress.com). The problem comes with the initial set-up and then you completely run the blog by yourself.
I think I’m up for the challenge, I definitely want my blog to be the best that I can make it, and it sounds like I’m just utilizing the wrong platform. So while my plan was a blog overhaul over the weekend, it turned into a few temporary fixes. I changed the overall look of the blog and I added my own domain name.
I hope everyone will bear with me, as I continue to work on improving the overall experience on the blog. I will continue to put out posts on this platform until I make the jump to self-hosting. After I switch my platform, I may have to repost some content to my blog, as I’m not sure if it will transfer when I switch.
Thank you all for reading. I will have another post later today, but I wanted to get this update out there for you all.